1. Place the chicken in a large bowl and mix with the ginger, garlic, chilli, salt, pepper, coriander, lime juice and one tablespoon of the oil. Set aside for 2 hours.
2. Pre-heat the grill to high. Thread the chicken on to skewers and cook under the grill for 12 minutes or so, turning frequently until well browned.
3. Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large pan and cook the onion and chilli for 5-8 minutes until dark golden. Add the turmeric and cook for 30 seconds. Stir in the cream and cook gently for a couple of minutes.
4. Slide the chicken off the skewers and stir into the creamy sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes or so until the chicken is cooked through. Check the seasoning, adding some lemon juice to taste, and serve with rice or naan. Garnish with the coriander.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 2.5cm/1in piece root ginger, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1tsp chilli powder
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- juice of 1 lime
- 2tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, seeded and finely chopped
- 1tsp ground turmeric
- 300ml/10floz carton double cream
- juice of ½ lemon
- handful fresh coriander leaves, to garnish
- pilau rice or table top naan, to serve